Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of topics that we'd like to be fully covered with articles on the wiki.
- The Planet (overview, scientific details, interesting features & locations, the Moons, etc.)
- History of Mars on Earth (why is it called Mars, theories about it, etc.)
Remote Exploration of Mars
- Mission pages for every robotic mission, including all failed attempts. (feel free to borrow from MarsNews.com which James Burk wrote all of, but much is likely out of date)
- Landers / Rovers
- Mars 2020
- Future Missions: Mars Sample Return, ExoMars, Red Dragon
Human Exploration of Mars
- Current Plans & concepts: Mars Direct, NASA Design Reference Mission, Caltech missions, Mars One, SpaceX, etc.
- History of plans - David S. F. Portree has done a lot of work in this area and I have his book. You can also pull up his Romance to Reality site which is in archive.org.
- Technologies needed: propulsion (chemical, nuclear, ion, VASIMR, etc.), ISRU, space suits, lander concepts
- Mars Foundation designs: Hillside Settlement, One way mission, Plains Settlement
- Technologies needed: 3-D Printing using in-situ materials, use of lava tubes, etc.
- Article about Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars and what they did.
- Other concepts.
- What is Terraforming
- How might you Terraform Mars: plans & concepts
- 100 year schedule