Marspedia:Council Minutes 3/30/2018
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minutes for the Marspedia Governing Council Meeting - March 30, 2018
James B., James G., Bruce, Carie, Mike S., and Kerri Miller
Not Attending: Nicole, Lucinda, Rose, Mike D.
Votes & Decisions
- Kerri Miller was nominated by James Burk to join the Council and was confirmed by unanimous vote. She had been attending all of the Editorial team meetings and had great insight.
- James Burk was confirmed as Chair by unanimous vote. Carie Fay and Kerri Miller both spoke in favor of James assuming the Chair position based on his hard work and dedication to this project.
- Nicole Willett was nominated by James Burk to be Vice Chair, and was confirmed by unanimous vote. Nicole had contributed several articles to the wiki and can help with our educational efforts.
- Frank Crossman was nominated by James Burk to join the Council and was confirmed by unanimous vote. Bruce Mackenzie spoke in favor of Frank joining the Council.
- We unanimously approved the new Marspedia logo done by Paul Conrad, which was Option A in the latest round. We had some discussion of minor tweaks to the typeface used for the logo and the thickness of lines for the books. James will coordinate these minor changes to the logo but we will not hold up any other use of the logo for publicity while these tweaks are designed and in the near future.
- James to work with Paul Conrad on logo tweaks and to get final assets.
- Begin PR announcements (James / Mike Stoltz) to gain new editor and technical volunteers.
- James to begin working on Mars Atlas section.
- Editorial meetings to restart weekly.