Difference between revisions of "Home"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:35, 19 January 2019
Join the Marspedia Project! Help us to create an online encyclopedia about Mars!
Here's how you can help
- If you have an article already written, submit via this Google Form.
- Sign up for a new account.
- Refine an Article Stub into something more complete.
- Write a new article for something on our list of Needed Articles.
- Tidy up an article that is listed in our Cleanup Category.
- Join the Editorial & Technical Subcommittees.
- Submit Your Content to Marspedia and we can add it to the wiki for you!
How to Edit the Wiki
- Use the "Edit" button on any page to make use of our Visual Editor. Here's its Help Guide.
- Use the "Edit Source" button on any page to use the code-based editor. Here's a list of Wiki codes you can use.
How to Search & Browse the Wiki
- Use the Search Page or the top Search box to quickly locate articles.
- Use the Category Tree (or click "Browse" in the left navigation) to look through the index we've set up.
- Use the All Pages feature of Mediawiki to locate anything in the wiki.
- Earth and Mars were formed from inner solar system material (Jan 17)
- Study nixes Mars life in meteorite found in Antarctica (Jan 13)
- Assessing Perseverance’s Seventh Sample Collection (Jan 10)
- China Releases Amazing Photos of Tianwen-1 Probe Above Mars (Jan 05)
- SpaceX’s towering Starship aims to get humans to Mars (Dec 20)
- A one-way phone call at Mars (Dec 17)
- ExoMars discovers hidden water in Mars’ Grand Canyon (Dec 16)
- An Absolutely Bonkers Plan to Give Mars an Artificial Magnetosphere (Dec 15)
- NASA Begins Testing Robotics to Bring First Samples Back From Mars (Dec 14)
- Time 2021 Person of the Year : Elon Musk (Dec 13)
- ESA’s Mars Express unravels mystery of martian moon using ‘fake’ flybys (Dec 09)
- NASA names 10 new astronaut candidates for future space missions (Dec 08)
- Mars Society Appoints New Full-Time Executive Director (Dec 06)
- NASA’s Perseverance Rover Just Turned Martian CO2 Into Oxygen (Apr 22)
- NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Succeeds in Historic First Flight (Apr 19)
- Marspedia policies
- Software Capabilities
- Content Licenses
- Content on Marspedia is Public Domain unless otherwise noted.
- Articles that have specific content licenses will be tagged as such.
- Disclaimer: The content licenses used on Marspedia do not apply to other wikis in our Interwiki network.
News about Marspedia
- Jan 14, 2020 - Marspedia volunteers led by Michel Lamontagne complete first version of clickable Mars Atlas.
- Dec 5, 2019 - 2019 Annual Report on Marspedia, presented by James Burk at the 22nd Annual Mars Society Convention.
- Mar 5, 2019 - The New Category Hierarchy and our custom Category Selection Tool (part of the MediaWiki Visual Editor) have now been rolled out to Marspedia.
- Sep 15, 2018 - James Burk and Frank Crossman present the last year's progress on Marspedia at the 21st Annual Mars Society Convention.
- May 7, 2018 - Marspedia Editorial Subcommittee finishes work on a new Category hierarchy covering Human exploration & settlement topics.
- Dec 31, 2017 - The Moon Society recounts the recent history of Marspedia in latest Moon Miners' Manifesto newsletter.
- Nov 17, 2017 - The Mars Society officially announces its involvement in Marspedia and calls for volunteers to help.
All categories for Marspedia roll up into the following 6 top-level categories. Two lower tiers of categories and pages linked to them can be seen by clicking the link icon on each. Creators of new pages should only link one or more of the categories in the hierarchy shown below to their page.
- I. Mars Planetary Science - physical description of the planet; all the science data that is collected
- II. Mars Spacecraft/Robotic Missions - (non-human) - mission planning and execution history.
- III. Mars Human Exploration - human exploration concepts and planning
- IV. Mars Human Settlement - including plans & concepts, philosophical/ethical considerations, and mars analogue research
- V. Mars Outreach - Advocacy for Mars Exploration/Settlement - people and organizations (Mars Society, Marspedia, etc), political action, and public outreach & education
- VI. Mars Arts and Literature - Mars in literature, music, movies, plays, graphic arts, photography